This is a vintage advertising print of Old Sleepy Eye, the peaceful Indian Chief, who lived from 1780-1860. His name was used as a trademark for Sleepy Eye Flour. The company was located in Sleepy Eye, Minnesota established in 1872. The town was named for the lake nearby which had been named for the Chief. He was called that because of a heavily lidded left eye. The Sleepy Eye Flour Milling Company was in business from 1883 to 1921.
It is in a carved wood frame with gold wood near the old glass. It has a wood backing, and a wire for hanging.