Live Support

Forums » Kitchen

Fire King Kitchen glass

• 30 posts
    June 9, 2016 11:15 AM EDT

Well.....it's not often in my neck of the woods to find a lot of Fire King..... but almost unheard of to find what I found. Lucky enough to be the first in the door at a "self run" estate sale. One where I just happened to see the sign after it had been put up.

Walking in I saw that there was very little at this sale. Not like a "real" esate sale.  Much ado about nothing....then I turned the corner into the kitchen.... Stacked in sets were Fire King mixing bowls, with matching shakers, and grease jars...Ivory tulip, Apple and Cherries, Red Dot, Black Dot and the holy grail ( for me at least, since I had never actually seen one  piece "live") the Kitchen Aids. I just could not believe it. Almost pinched myself.

I am embarassed to say how little they had on these, so I wont say, but I bought the lot. While packing them up, the owner brought out another box that had a complete set of the Modern Tulips, so bought those too. There was a couple misc. shakers and grease jars too.

Here are a couple pics after we laid them all out when I got home.

Six sets in all. And they are all in really nice condition. No chips, cracks. very little if any wear. Just the shaker lids have some yellowing. There was one spot on the black dots, one on the modern tulip, thats it.

What a fun day that was...

• 62 posts
    June 9, 2016 3:33 PM EDT

WOW!  what a find - I am so jealous......... love that kitchen aids

• 30 posts
    June 9, 2016 4:05 PM EDT

I was in disbelief when I saw them just sitting in her kitchen stacked up.  It was impressive when i got them home and all laid out! lol The only thing better would have been if they were jadite..... or a box of bakelite.....lol

And it was really hard to "act cool".....haha

Though the owners daughter did say she had some of the jadite at her house. Told her if she ever wanted to sell them let me know.......